Friday, April 2, 2010

Blanket from February's Projects


This blanket was made for the Navy Relief project along with those squares and washcloths. There is a great story behind these squares. The very, very center of each one was done by a woman who passed on. Her family donated yarn to me for my projects and asked if I would finish the squares and put them to use. So, I added the rest of the colored yarn that was in the bag to them, but the squares were so small still and very open. I then took a soft cream colored yarn and increased each square to about 7 inches. I put them together and then added two rounds of double crochet. To get this look it is basically a granny for three or four rounds, then in the main color, double crochet in each stitch and space around, in the corner spaces, dc twice, ch2, and dc twice, for as many rounds as it takes to get to 7 or 8 inches. Join the squares and then double crochet around the whole blanket as above for two rounds or more as desired. Not much of a pattern, but I do really like this blanket.

3 comments:

  1. I really love your blanket - it looks so clean and fresh.
    Have just come across your blog and will pop in often to see how you and your daughter get along.
    Greetings from South Africa - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jen,
    It is so nice to meet a fellow crafter! We hope you will come back often!
    Marie and Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blanket Marie! Remind me to link to it from my patterns blog. Cause I'll forget. LOL

    ReplyDelete