Saturday, March 20, 2010

SQUARES!!!!!



During the Olympics I was involved in a squares challenge, 25 went into a blanket I made, 6 were cotton terry washcloths and the rest were sent off to be joined into blankets for babies. The beneficiary this time around was Navy Relief for their Junior Seabag Program! I belong to a great Yahoo group that does work for various charities all year round. If you craft and have time to donate a few things I highly recommend AC4C.

The pattern for the bulk of these squares can be found on my cousin, Deb's, blog. She was inspirational in my starting to crochet in earnest for charity. Deb's patterns are easy to use and her work is beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Marie!! Why didn't you tell me you started your own blog? I'm putting it on my blog roll right now.
    Love,
    Your Cousin
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting until I had it going a little better. I will be adding a bunch of pics of baby sweater sets...a couple from your patterns and some others...Hilary made her own booties pattern and a hat pattern...LOL she is way ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete